Saint Monica School - Admission Policy
Students are admitted to Saint Monica School on a trial basis. Continuance at Saint Monica School for each successive year will be based on attitude, behavior, adherence to school policies, academic achievement and the ability of the school to meet the child’s needs. A decision to renew will be made by the Principal.
Saint Monica School’s admission policy is consistent with the Archdiocesan Policy of Non-Discrimination. (Non-Catholic students are required to participate in Religion classes along with the other students. All students are required to attend liturgies and prayer services along with the rest of the student body.)
Applications are accepted year-round and must contain all required documents to be considered.
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- Application Form filled out completely.
- Latest physical (dated within one year) with record of all updated required immunizations. (Please note that a new physical will be required if the one we have expires before the start of school.)
- Birth Certificate.
- Baptismal Certificate (if your child was baptized in the Catholic Church).
- Lead Screening Proof (if not noted on your child’s physical form) is required for all children entering kindergarten.
- Copy of latest report card is required for all applicants to Grades 1-8.
- Two letters of recommendation from current teachers - Grades 2-8.
- Discipline report from Principal of school currently attending - Grades 2-8.
- Tuition waiver is required from all children coming from another Catholic School. We need a statement from your child’s previous school that your tuition is up-to-date.
Students Seeking Admission to Kindergarten and Grade 1
- be five years of age on or before 8/31 of the year they start kindergarten, or six years of age on or before 8/31 of the year they start Grade 1. This is a State Law and no exceptions will be made.
- pass a standardized Kindergarten or Grade 1 readiness test.
Students Seeking Admission to Grades 2-8
- meet established grading criteria for academic subjects and conduct and effort standards (as evidenced by current report card, letters of recommendation and discipline report).
- meet with the Principal (both parents and child).
Students applying to Saint Monica School will be put on a waiting list for admission for the following school year. Preference is given to students who have siblings currently at Saint Monica School and to parishioners who have been contributing for the past two years. Siblings and parishioners who apply after Catholic Schools Week will not be given preference over other applicants.
All students accepted to Saint Monica School must pay a non-refundable $150.00 registration fee at the time of acceptance.
For Application Forms please